Tuesday, January 04, 2005

i do not know why i bother to keep everyone updated on such mundane details of a life...my life? its rather dull...honestly. however...there is an intriguing (i miss the dropped e in that word soooo dearly) proposal posed across the livejournal community..and i dont see why we cant take it online-journal-wide...right? bloggers..xanga friends...diaryland...all..lets spend a day in unreality.

06:26 pm - Mark your calendars: January 27th is Rabbit Hole Day
"A few months ago, I had a dream in which LiveJournal and everyone on it went completely nuts for a day. The entire world had turned upside-down and inside-out and nobody was their normal self anymore. And it was such a good read, that I think it should happen for real.

January 27th is the birthday of Lewis Carrol, author of ALICE'S ADVENTURES IN WONDERLAND. Alice fell down a rabbit hole into a place where everything had changed and none of the rules could be counted on to apply anymore. I say, let's do the same: January 27th, 2005 should be the First Annual LiveJournal Rabbit Hole Day. When you post on that Thursday, instead of the normal daily life and work and news and politics, write about the strange new world you have found yourself in for the day, with its strange new life and work and news and politics. Are your pets talking back at you now? Has your child suddenly grown to full adulthood? Does everyone at work think you're someone else now? Did Bush step down from the White House to become a pro-circuit tap-dancer? Did Zoroastrian missionaries show up on your doorstep with literature in 3-D? Have you been placed under house arrest by bizarre insectoid women wielding clubs made of lunchmeat?

Let's have a day where nobody's life makes sense anymore, where any random LJ you click on will bring you some strange new tale. Let's all fall down the Rabbit Hole for 24 hours and see what's there. It will be beautiful."


so, there you have it.

in other news...that mundane sort i bring you so often...today was my day off and i spent it just as such..doing almost absolutely nothing of importance to anybody else. i do believe it was my first honest day of nothing in at least three weeks, if not longer.

i slept past eleven...climbed out of bed and sat in front of the computer for a little while...then i transported myself to the kitchen to gather some sort of a meal...had my brunch on the floor in front of the television while i watched malcom in the middle. ...then i decided to get dressed and watch a movie while i painted my nails (yes, this became a planned event with a decision beforehand to do just as such..do not forget that i am indeed a girl.) i watched My Fair Lady (yes, all three hours of it) and upon its ending, i realised that i had plenty of time to waste in the bathtub shaving my legs (because today..it was 70 degrees out..and i was at the time wearing a skirt..and would be in public later in the evening) and then that i should go ahead and wash my hair so i wouldnt have to do it tomorrow morning before sunup.

after the lovely clean time and making myself smell like patchouli and almond and lavender...i went to the first Augusta Choral Society rehearsal since our christmas concert. we began the work of parts two and three of Handels Messiah..quite a bit more challenging than the ever-frequently heard and performed christmas portion. i dont know if it was where i sat in the room or what..but i just couldnt get into a good rehearsal flow...and i cant not sit by the lady whom i want to blame for my bad night..because she ALWAYS saves me a seat by her so she can hear me. who's going to help ME when i dont know whats goin on, though? i guess i'll have to listen to the cd a *lot* to help myself...so i dont get thrown off by her as she listens to me. im not a snob..i swear...but it was REALY difficult tonight to find where we were supposed to be singing because this lady tends to sing ANYTHING even if she has no idea where she is or what the pitch SHOULD be.

yeah..thats all i did today...pamper myself and then feel sorry for myself while trying to sing.
now im to bed for work comes in the morning.

oh...by the way..i cant remember if i mentioned it already, but...
1. nick and i are to be in new orleans this weekend and stopping by hattiesburg on monday as well...so if youre in the area, dont be surprised if i turn up.
and 2. sunday is my birthday. it kind of sneaks up on me with all the christmas and new years stuff...im just comming down from that. i wont be home for my birthday..so i dont know when my family will get together for it. feels kind of strange..and still definitely mundane.

No comments: