Monday, August 24, 2009

Home, sweet home

I've missed about a week of updates....so in case you were wondering: our things arrived on schedule, Friday Aug 14th.


I've since then, gotten three out of four rooms set up (bathroom, bedroom, and kitchen)
The bedroom was mostly setup, except that until about two days ago, we still had suitcases all around for our unputaway clothing.
the kitchen was the biggest task...14 or 15 boxes of things and not sure where they'd all go. I'm very pleased with how it turned out...but I don have pictures of the finished product yet.
the living room is the catch-all room for now...and since we haven't gotten a couch or shelves yet...its not a room we'd get very comfortable in right now anyway.

I hope to find a good deal on a couch at a thrift store...but if it gets to be too long waiting on that deal, we might look at buying something new from Ikea or someplace else affordable (any suggestions?)

No comments: